While a large part of the world celebrates Valentine’s Day, there are some places where the day set aside for love is different. In Brazil the day is known as Dia dos Namorados which means “Day of the Enamored”. In additions to many of the things one would expect for Valentines Day such as chocolates and flowers there are also parades and carnivals. Women without someone are also known to preform certain rituals that are meant to add in them finding a boyfriend or husband. The day following Dia dos Namorados is Saint Anthony’s Day the saint of marriages which is where it is believed this celebration comes from.
holidayaday at gmail.com
- Holidays for the week of July 28th, 2014 July 28, 2014Hello and welcome to Holiday a Week, your weekly preview of the Holidays, festivals, celebrations and remembrances from around the world. I’m Jeffrey Johnson The week starting on Monday July 28th, 2014 July 28, 2014 Fiestas Patrias Peru (Independence Day) One of the most important holidays in Peru along with Christmas, is the day that General José d […]
- Holidays for the week of 21st July 2014 July 20, 2014Hello and welcome to Holiday a Week, your weekly preview of the Holidays, festivals, celebrations and remembrances from around the world. I’m Jeffrey Johnson This podcast is for week starting on Monday July 21st, 2014 July 21st is Racial Harmony Day in Singapore A day to commemorate the 1964 racial riots, when students will reflect on and celebrate […]
- Holidays for the Week of July 14, 2014 July 14, 2014Hello and welcome to Holiday a Week, your weekly preview of the Holidays, festivals, celebrations and remembrances from around the world. I am your host Jeffrey Johnson This podcast is for the week starting on Monday July 14 2014 and ending on Sunday July 20 2014 July 14th 2014 brings us Bastille Day as it is referred to in English or La Fête National […]
- Holiday A Week - January 1, 2011 Happy New Year January 1, 2011Finally a new episode of HoW.
- Test-disregard June 18, 2010Testing
- Week of 6-13-2010 June 16, 2010
- HolidayAWeek January 16-22 January 20, 2010Winnie the Pooh Day January 18th Poe Toaster January 19th Winter Carnival (St. Paul Minnesota) January 21-31
- Relaunch of Holiday A Week, Week Ending 080110 January 5, 2010I have finally started to record my show again. Blog http://holidayaday.net January 6th Little Christmas January 7th Seven Herb Festival firstname.lastname@example.org
- WeekEnding091909 September 16, 2009Covers the week of 9/12/09 to 9/19/09 September 12 The Festival of Nations http://www.festivalofthenations.net/events.html Pictures at http://www.holidayaday.net/journal/2009/9/13/festival-of-the-nations-nashville-tn-091209.html September 14 Anniversary of the Star Spangled Banner http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Spangled_Banner September 15 Prinsjesdag (Pr […]
- HolidayAWeek Sept 7-11 September 4, 2009September 7-11 7th Labor Day in the United States 8th Nation Day in Andorra 9th Nation Day in Tajikistan 10th Nation Day in Gibraltar 11th Patriot Day in the United States